Anthem MRX-720Regular price £2,749.00 GBP. Save £0.00 GBP.
Separates-Quality Performance in a Gutsy, Feature-Rich AV Receiver.
Experience the breathtaking power and multi-channel flexibility of Anthem’s NEW Third Generation MRX Series of AV Receivers.
Anthem’s award-winning Third Generation MRX Series of high-end multi-channel A/V receivers are known the world over for their excellent sound quality, efficient power handling, and the ease with which they integrate into an entertainment system. The MRX Series is packed with exclusive audio innovations like Anthem Room Correction (ARC®) Technology and Advanced Load Monitoring (ALM) Technology, 4K Pass-Through with fast HDMI switching and more.
Anthem Room Correction (ARC™)
The Easy-To-Use Anthem Room Correction Kit Delivers Professional Results In Any Room
What is ARC?
Simply put, Anthem Room Correction quickly “corrects” the effects that reflective surfaces such as walls, floors and ceilings have on the sound radiating from a loudspeaker. Removing the effects of these obstacles allows your audio equipment to achieve a more natural sound in any room, as close to the lab standard as possible.
Anthem engineers realised that real world listening experiences had little in common with the controlled environment of the audio lab. That’s because even the best loudspeakers are affected by room anomalies like furniture. These obstacles cause standing waves, resonances, and reflections that can colour the sound you hear. Imagine the sound waves coming from your speakers as ripples on a water surface. That makes it easy for you to understand how the ripples of sound bounce off any obstruction they encounter. You can immediately see the benefit of removing the obstacles.
ARC digitally compares a room’s acoustic signature to that of the lab standard. It measures the response of each speaker relative to the listening area. Then it uses advanced algorithms to eliminate the negative effects of the obstacles in the room, adjusting response and correcting phase effects. When ARC removes the obstacles, what’s left is the lab standard performance.
How does ARC work?
The ARC Kit is easy to use, and just a few simple steps can customise your loudspeakers for your unique listening space.
Each ARC-ready component comes with a complete ARC Kit, consisting of software and microphone calibration file from our website, a professional quality mic stand and high quality connectors. You will need a Windows-based laptop computer with a CD drive.
Plug the kit’s custom Calibration Microphone into your computer and into your ARC-ready Anthem A/V receiver. Place the microphone at each of the listening positions in your room (a minimum of five, maximum of ten), and allow ARC to take a sound sample from each location.
The proprietary ARC software measures the difference between the speaker’s ideal lab-standard response, and their real-world performance in your room. Then, its sophisticated DSP accurately equalises response and creates intricate crossover curves so that the performance of the speakers in your room meets the ideal lab standard!
Now you’re hearing exactly what our audio engineers intended you to hear: Pure, natural, transparent sound, no matter what challenges your room presents!
MRX 720 Features & Functions
- 11.2 Pre-Amplifier & 7 Amplifier Channels
- Dolby Atmos®
- ARC® Anthem Room Correction
- 4 Speaker Profile Memories
- Quad Core Digital Signal Processing
- Two Sub Out Jacks (parallel)
- Premium 32-bit / 768 kHz Differential-Output D/A Converters
- Wireless Network Connection
- DTS Play-Fi® + "Works with Alexa" certification – Local and Streaming
- HDMI & Video
- HDMI 2.0a
- HDCP 2.2
- 4:4:4 Subsampling at 4K60 (18.2 Gbps)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- Dolby Vision™ Compatible
- Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG)
- BT.2020 Color Gamut
- On-Screen Display with 4K 50/60
- 4K 50/60 Switching
Additional Features & Functions
- Advanced Load Monitoring (ALM)
- FM Tuner
- Low Standby Mode power consumption
- Remote control app for iOS (Apple) and Android (coming soon!)
- Dolby TrueHD
- DTS-HD Master Audio
- Listening Modes
- AnthemLogic – (11.2 channels with MRX 1120 and 720, 5.2 channels with MRX 520)
- Dolby Surround
- Dolby Pro Logic II on MRX 520
- DTS Neo:6 – Cinema, Music
- All-Channels – All-Speaker Stereo
- 8 HDMI inputs (7 rear and 1 front-panel input on MRX 1120 and MRX 720, 7 rear inputs on MRX 520)
- Digital Audio Inputs: 2 Coaxial + 3 Optical
- 5 Stereo Analog RCA Inputs
- HDMI On-Screen Display – setup, video adjustments, status, song/artist info from radio stations
- MHL Supported Inputs
- xvYCC, Adobe RGB, Adobe YCC601, sYCC601, Deep color
- 2 Parallel Outputs
- Consumer Electronic Control (CEC)
- Audio Return Channel
- Standby Pass-through
- Custom Installation
- IP Control
- RS-232 Control
- IR Input (Configurable)
- 12V Trigger Output
- Control System Drivers
- Additional Features
- Backlit Remote Control
- Sidemount Rack Kit (sold separately)
- Warranty 2 Years