Ortofon 2M Bronze Cartridge (MM) Moving Magnet
- UK Wide Shipping Available
- Long established Official Retailer
- Product availability good
- Inventory on the way
- The 2M Bronze features a Nude Fine Line diamond, which is particularly suited for demanding applications. The slim profile of the Fine Line stylus will track even the highest frequency information, making it a must for discerning listeners. Additionally, its larger footprint ensures reduced distortion and record wear.
- The cartridge body is manufactured from Hopelex, an environment-friendly material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
- The 2M Bronze uses a special upgraded engine, featuring split pole pins with a silver plated copper wire.
We have optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 5 mV
Channel balance at 1 kHz - 1 dB
Channel separation at 1 kHz - 26 dB
Channel separation at 15 kHz - 15 dB
Frequency range at - 3dB - 20-29.000 Hz
Frequency response - 20-20.000 + 2 / - 0 dB
Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 80 µm
Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 22 µm/mN
Stylus type - Nude Fine Line
Stylus tip radius - r/R 8/40 µm
Tracking force range - 1.4-1.7 g (14-17 mN)
Tracking force, recommended - 1.5 g (15 mN)
Tracking angle - 20°
Internal impedance, DC resistance - 1.2 kOhm
Internal inductance - 630 mH
Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
Recommended load capacitance - 150-300 pF
Cartridge colour, body/stylus - Black/Bronze
Cartridge weight - 7.2 g
2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell weight - 20 g
2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell length - 52 mm