Trinnov Amplitude 8m
- UK Wide Shipping Available
- Long established Official Retailer
- Product availability good
- Inventory on the way
A perfect companion to Trinnov's brand new Altitude16 and made with the most demanding users in mind, Trinnov's new 8 channel amplifier brings intelligent power and pristine audio quality at a sensitive price point without any compromise in terms of design and build quality. Like its big brother the Amplitude8, the Amplitude8m is designed to deliver spectacular performance in a luxury home theater but at a fraction of the price. Using the Hypex N-Core Class D output module, each of the eight channels can deliver up to 300 watts RMS at 4Ω.
The amplification stage features the industry’s lowest-distortion and noise specifications, and what little noise there are remains frequency independent with a Signal to Noise Ratio : >120dB referenced to full power. The importance of this trait cannot be over-estimated in a theater that may have twenty or thirty speakers in a single room. If each of those speakers were producing even a small amount of noise, it would rapidly become noticeable and unacceptable. This scenario never arises with The Amplitude8m .
Trinnov's amplifiers use microprocessor control for turn-on delay and feature an automatic AC power recognition and configuration system. The amplifiers not only recognize whether they are hooked up to 117V or 230V nominal power, they automatically self-configure.
The Amplitude8M also incorporates a new “sleep” circuit...
The Amplitude8m incorporate a new “sleep” circuit.
When the amplifier stays idle for a period of more than 10 minutes, power is removed from the output modules and a front-panel LED begins to flash.
As soon as an input signal is detected again on any channel, normal playback operation resumes instantaneously.
Like the Amplitude8, the 8m features the industry's lowest-distortion and noise specifications to date. The importance of this trait cannot be over-estimated in a theater that may contain twenty or thirty speakers in a single room. If each of those speakers were producing even a small amount of noise, it would rapidly become noticeable and disruptive. This scenario never arises with The Amplitude8m.
Pristine Dynamic Rendering
• Intermodulation Distortion: Less than 0.05%
• Signal to noise ratio: -120 dB referenced to rated output.
• Frequency Response +0, -.5 dB, 5 Hz to 20kHz, load independent
Experience audiophile-grade sound reproduction in your home theater with zero background noise during the most quiet scenes of the movie. You also get the finest sound quality and realism on music and movies alike, even at high volumes.
AUDIO POWER & GAIN
- Power Output (8Ω, 20-20kHz 0.05% THD+N):200 Watts RMS x 8
- Power Output (4Ω, 20-20kHz 0.05% THD+N):300 Watts RMS x 8
- Gain:19dB (Test window 18.6 to 19.6dB, centre is 19.1dB)
- Frequency Response:+0, -0.5 dB, 5 Hz to 20kHz, load independent
- Damping Factor:>800 20Hz to 20kHz
- Signal to noise ratio:-120 dB referenced to rated output
- Crosstalk:< 90dB
- Intermodulation Distortion:Less than 0.05%
AUDIO INPUTS & OUTPUTS
- Input Connectors:1x Balanced (XLR) per channel
- Input Polarity:Pin 2 +ve, Pin3 -ve (for non-inverting output)
- Input Impedance:47 kΩ, each phase
- Output Connectors:1x 5 way binding post per channel
- Power Requirement:117V / 230V 50/60 Hz AC (auto select)
- Power Consumption:<0.5W Standby, <80W idle, <40W Sleep, Max 2kW
- Power Input:IEC C20
- Mains Fuse:20A (117V) / 12.5A (230V) both slow blow
- 12V Trigger:1x in, 1x out (mini-jack TS)
WEIGHT & DIMENSIONS
- Dimensions (W x H x D) mm, including rack ears:482 x 132 x 433
- Dimensions (L x H x P) inches, including rack ears:19” x 5 2/8” x 17”
- Shipping box dimensions (W x H x D) cm:61 x 61 x 42
- Weight:29.8kg / 65.5 lbs
- Shipping weight / volume:36kg / 0.156 M3
- Standard Warranty:5 year