Pro-Ject X1 Turntable with Pick-IT S2 MM cartridge
- UK Wide Shipping Available
- Long established Official Retailer
- Usually in-stock ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Real High-End Features - True Audiophile Sound - Affordable Price
Pro-Ject‘s classic turntable design reimagined and lifted to new price/ performance heights!
The design is carefully tuned to offer the most critical features for the best price and everything is put together with Pro-Ject‘s decade long experience in making the best performing turntables without blowing the budget.
Housing a sophisticated DC/AC generator board which, combined with the convenient speed control board, delivers clean and stable power to the quiet-running motor. This performs many times better than a simple, direct powered AC motor.
For even further improved performance, the motor is decoupled from the main plinth using a new motor suspension system.
In the X1, the motor drives a new, heavy, non-resonant Acryl platter via a sub-platter drive system and a premium grade main bearing for liquid smooth rotation. This is the perfect platform on which to place your precious vinyl records, guaranteeing absolute reliability in its performance and sonic character.
The X1 is also better than its predecessors thanks to the super-stiff, perfectly tempered Carbon/Alu sandwich construction tonearm. This new 8.6” tonearm design is incredibly light and stiff, with improved resistance to external interference. Finished as a one-piece, with no resonance-inducing headshell, the X1 can also be set for azimuth and VTA adjustment, offering the flexibility that so many people are asking for, especially in this and even lower price ranges.
The tonearm is then supplied with a TPE-damped counterweight, further reducing cartridge-tonearm resonances.
The X1 is packaged to suit anyone who cares about how their vinyl sounds. Supplied with Pro-Ject Pick-IT S2 MM cartridge, manufactured by the cartridge experts at Ortofon but voiced by the design team at Pro-Ject, it can be ready to play within a few minutes of unboxing. Also supplied in the box is our Connect-IT E RCA cables, a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable with superior shielding that’s optimized for turntable use.
Lastly, height-adjustable feet in their Alu/ TPE sandwich construction are a very exclusive but necessary feature to level up the turntable and effectively isolate it from the surface it is place on.
The X1 has all the high-end features of modern turntable designs to maximise the music and listening experience. All these features can in fact be done at a reasonable cost. Due to our extensive experience and meticulous manufacturing processes, we put resources, time and effort into giving music lovers the best sound for their money, rather than cutting corners to save on costs. It is a statement and a counterpoint against other upcoming turntable designs, which go the way of offering more features but less performance.
A lot of convenience features can become unnecessary incredibly fast, if you don‘t make the 20 minutes of listening to a side of vinyl count. Using an automated start feature is over in a second or less, but listening takes place over many, many more seconds. Pro-Ject thinks performance and high-quality listening are the keys to making customers happy, this has been true since 1991.
The X1 is available in 3 finishes; a premium walnut wood veneer and a luxurious black or white eight-layer gloss paint.
- Speed control with electronic speed switch for ultimate speed stability
- Carefully isolated motor for less vibration and noise
- Sub-platter with extremely low 0.001mm bearing tolerances
- Stainless steel platter-bearing with soft brass bushing and teflon mirrors for lowest rumble and noise, and a stable, accurate speed transmission
- Resonance free, 1.5 kg heavy acryl platter
- 8,6” carbon/alu sandwich tonearm with best internal damping and TPE damped counterweight
- Kardan ultra-low friction 4 pin point precision tonearm bearing
- Ortofon Pick it S2 MM cartridge newly developed with Ortofon for highly dynamic and full sound
- Massive and heavy, precision CNC‘d MDF chassis
- Luxury 8 layers of painting and hand-polished finish or real-wood, satin-waxed veneer
- Super shielded, semi-symmetrical, low-capacitance phono cables - purpose designed by Pro-Ject
- Height adjustable, aluminium feet for massively reduced risk of acoustical feedback
- Handmade in Europe
|33, 45, 78 (electronic speed change)
|33: 0.30% 45: 0.25%
|Wow & flutter
|33: 0.15% 45: 0.13%
|20mm thick, 1.5 kg heavy acryl
|8,6” carbon/aluminium sandwich
|Effective arm length
|Effective tonearm mass
|Tracking force range
|0 - 30mN
|15volts DC /0,8A power supply, Dust cover, Connect it E Phono cable, feltmat
|5,0 watts max /< 0.3 watt standby
|415 x 125 x 335 mm (WxHxD)
|7 kg net / 9.5 kg gross weight